SECTION 1. Technical corrections to computation of average pay under Public Law 110–279.
(1) by striking “For purposes of” and all that follows through “(i) any period” and inserting the following:
“(i) TREATMENT OF SERVICE.—For purposes of chapters 83, 84, and 87 of title 5, United States Code, any period”;
(2) in clause (i), by striking “; and” and inserting a period; and
(A) by inserting “Treatment of pay.—For purposes of chapter 87 of title 5, United States Code,” before “the rate of basic pay”; and
(B) by striking “the covered” and inserting “a covered”.
(1) IN GENERAL.—The Director of the Office of Personnel Management shall promulgate regulations to carry out this section.
(2) EFFECTIVE DATE.—The regulations promulgated under paragraph (1) shall take effect not later than 180 days after the date of enactment of this Act.
(1) DEFINITIONS.—In this subsection, the terms “contractor”, “covered individual”, and “food services contract” have the meanings given those terms in section 1(a) of Public Law 110–279 (2 U.S.C. 2051(a)).
(A) a covered individual who separates from service as an employee of a contractor performing services under the food services contract before, on, or after the date of enactment of this Act; and
(B) each payment to a covered individual under chapter 83 or 84 of title 5, United States Code, made on or after the effective date of the regulations promulgated under subsection (b).