Lower Costs, More Cures Act of 2019
This bill establishes and modifies several requirements to address prescription drug prices under Medicare, Medicaid, and other programs.
The bill generally
- limits payment amounts for drugs and biologics under Medicare medical services,
- reduces cost-sharing under the Medicare prescription drug benefit,
- modifies certain authorities and requirements under the Medicaid Drug Rebate Program,
- revises provisions relating to regulatory approval and commercial availability of generics and biosimilars, and
- establishes several reporting requirements for drug manufacturers with respect to drug prices.