The Jackie Walorski Maternal and Child Home Visiting Reauthorization Act of 2022
This bill reauthorizes through FY2027, increases funding for, and modifies the Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting Program. This program supports home visits for expectant and new parents who live in communities that are at-risk for poor maternal and child health outcomes.
Changes to the program include
- setting out requirements for allocating program funds;
- increasing the percentage of funds reserved for tribal entities;
- establishing a publicly available dashboard that reports program outcomes;
- requiring activities to reduce unnecessary data collection, reporting, and other administrative requirements of the program; and
- allowing for virtual home visits (provided certain conditions are met).